Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Thousand Trails at Peace River

Today has been another # 10 day!! We have just had a wonderful day in the 85 degree Florida weather. After the AM routine, i sat in the sun for about 1 1/2 hours again. i surprised Bruce... and myself. i wore a swimsuit that i had not worn alot and thought it was too small for me. Needless to say, I was VERY happy when it fit nicely. Bruce went to the grocery store to get a few things. After sunning and shopping, we went to Peace River Bees to make a final stock on honey.These people ship bees to many places to produce different flavors of honey. Blueberry honey is made in Michigan. They send their bees as far as California, also. They have orange blossom honey that can be made very easily in Florida. The Palmetto honey is also good. I have become very impressed with some of the products made from honey. Lotion, moisturizing cream and soaps. My father was a beekeeper and I have always known that hon ey has medicinal effects as well as being quite tasty on warm bread!!!!


 This and another chicken were resting under a truck. They were just trying to stay out of the way of the bees!! There were also ginnies running around the farm.We stocked up on honey to have as gifts to friends back home.
After we had a marvelous griddlered ham. provolone cheese and pineapple sandwich, we took a walk down by the river alligator hunting!! Look what we found.



I also enjoyed this evening's sunset. I did not capture it at it's peak, but a pretty good picture anyway.

 

 more later   

No comments:

Post a Comment