Wednesday, February 8, 2012

JOY

This past Sunday, Bruce and I worshipped at the campground's service. the praiseor song service really spoke to me as well as the pastor's sermon from Romans chapter 14. I would like to share some thoughts that have gone through my head since then.
i have much in my life to remmber. my parents are a big part of those memories. through their faith and Christian principles is who I have become today. I was taught that through faith in god could bring Heaven's Joy and Peace to my life now and even after I die. My God sent Jesus, His only Son, to Earth to live the human experience. When He hung on that cross, He knew everything that would be in each of our lives. YES. He had each person who has ever lived on His mind that day. he died as the sacrificial Lamb for all of our sins. By accepting this, believing this and confessing our sins will allow us to live with Him in Heaven when we die. Each of us makes mistakes every day and also we sin every day. However with Jesus by our side, we can have JOY in our life.
Jesus first
Others second
Your(My) self last
This is the way to have that joy and peace that Romans 14 talks about.
I must confess that one of the most difficult things for me to do is not to be judgemental of others. Romans 14 also speaks about this. Each individual person will face God some day and God will do the judging. I may not be of the same faith as you. i may not be as tall as you. I may not be as far right or far left politically as you. Please, I will commit to trying to be less judgmental of you if you will return the same for me.

One of the songs that was sung last Sunday was He Lives: chorus
He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me
along life's narrow way.
he lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives:

HE LIVES WITHIN MY HEART

How does God walk and talk with me? through prayer and Bible study. I have shared many times in my life that I have prayed for something and God has answered in His time.
1. a mate-answered in 1 month
2. four year degree in Nursing: started at UNC Greensboro, came back home to complete a 2 year degree in Nursing. Then still no child so I completed my 4 year degree at UNC Charlotte.
3. a child-13 years
4. Financial provision for our son's college tuition- I was chosen and started the third shift Nurse Supervisor job and the third shift differential paid his tuition payment each month.
5. relief from third shift-On the third try, I was chosen for a first shift Nurse Supervisor position. I began that job with a huge pay cut in the first month that we had no tuition payment. God knew that the financial provision had not been completed yet!!!!!!

WOW! God is Good. I pray that this blesses someone like it has blessed me.

more later   

No comments:

Post a Comment